Ken Giles reportedly going to Toronto from Houston
The Toronto Blue Jays will receive reliever Ken Giles from the Houston Astros as part of the trade package for reliever Roberto Osuna, reports Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.
Giles was optioned to the minors a few days before the All-Star break following a rough first half (4.99 ERA), but the 27-year-old right-hander owns a reliable 2.79 ERA with 367 strikeouts over 274 2/3 career innings in the majors. He should eventually be able to get an opportunity to take over as the Blue Jays' closer.
Giles averaged 3.9 FanDuel points in 34 outings for the Astros this season and converted on all 12 of his save chances.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (knee) out again for Blue Jays in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Breyvic Valera starting on Sunday for Blue Jays September 29th, 2019
- Brandon Drury sitting on Sunday for Blue Jays September 29th, 2019
- Reese McGuire heads to Blue Jays' bench on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Billy McKinney absent from Blue Jays' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Derek Fisher heads to Blue Jays' bench on Saturday afternoon September 28th, 2019