Westbrook expected to sit out half of Rockets back-to-back
Houston Rockets point guard Russell Westbrook is expected to sit out part of the upcoming Friday-Saturday, back-to-back set, per Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle.
Westbrook will likely play at home against the Indiana Pacers on Friday and then sit out Saturday's road matchup with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Austin Rivers will be a candidate to replace Westbrook in the starting lineup.
Russ is averaging 43.8 FanDuel points in 10 games this season. numberFire's models project him for 21.9 points, 10.5 rebounds, 8.6 assists, 1.8 steals, and 1.8 3-pointers per game over the rest of the season.
- Milwaukee's Giannis Antetokounmpo (quad) starting on Friday December 13th, 2019
- Tyus Jones starting for Memphis Friday in place of Ja Morant (rest) December 13th, 2019
- Nicolas Batum (hand) ruled out for Hornets again on Friday December 13th, 2019
- Hornets' Malik Monk (finger) available to play on Friday December 13th, 2019
- New Orleans' Derrick Favors (personal) starting on Friday, Jahlil Okafor to bench December 13th, 2019
- Jahlil Okafor to play with Pelicans' second unit Friday December 13th, 2019
- Austin Rivers (illness) available for Rockets on Friday December 13th, 2019
- Rockets' Russell Westbrook (rest) to play Friday, likely miss Saturday December 13th, 2019
- Rockets' Austin Rivers (illness) upgraded to probable for Friday December 13th, 2019
- Rockets' Austin Rivers (illness) questionable Friday December 12th, 2019
- James Harden scores 55, hits 10 3-pointers, in Rockets' win December 11th, 2019
- Russell Westbrook notches 24-point triple-double in Rockets win December 7th, 2019