Pelicans' Zion Williamson scores 22 with 7 boards over 18 minutes in debut
New Orleans Pelicans small forward Zion Williamson scored 22 points (8-of-11 field goals, 2-of-4 free throws) with 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 3-pointers, and 5 turnovers in 18.3 minutes of a 121-117 loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday.
Williamson turned it all the way up in the fourth quarter after recording just 5 points with 4 turnovers over the first three frames. He ripped off 17 straight points in the fourth, including all 4 of his triples. The top overall pick never made more than 3 3-pointers in any game at Duke. Williamson will be on a minutes limit again on Friday against the Denver Nuggets.
Zion scored 29.9 FanDuel points on Wednesday. numberFire's models project him for 11.1 points, 5.3 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 0.9 steals, and 1.4 triples per game over the rest of the season.
- Brook Lopez (back) ruled out for Bucks on Monday February 23rd, 2020
- Philadelphia's Tobias Harris (knee) doubtful on Monday February 23rd, 2020
- Indiana's Aaron Holiday starting for injured Victor Oladipo on Sunday February 23rd, 2020
- Chicago's Luke Kornet (ankle) remains out on Sunday February 23rd, 2020
- Jordan McLaughlin starting for Timberwolves on Sunday in place of injured D'Angelo Russell February 23rd, 2020
- Allen Crabbe (personal) ruled out for Minnesota on Sunday February 23rd, 2020
- Brandon Ingram (ankle) starting for Pelicans on Friday, Josh Hart coming off the bench February 21st, 2020
- Zion Williamson raises career-high to 32 points in Pelicans' loss February 14th, 2020
- Pelicans' Brandon Ingram (ankle) sidelined again Thursday February 13th, 2020
- Brandon Ingram (ankle) a GTD for Pelicans again Thursday February 13th, 2020
- Brandon Ingram (ankle) questionable for Pelicans on Thursday February 12th, 2020
- Zion Williamson scores career-high 31, Pelicans trounce Trail Blazers February 12th, 2020