Zion Williamson raises career-high to 32 points in Pelicans' loss
New Orleans Pelicans small forward Zion Williamson scored 32 points (11-of-19 field goals, 10-of-13 free throws) with 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, and 3 turnovers in 31.4 minutes of a 123-118 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder on Thursday.
Williamson set a new career-high in scoring for the second straight game after scoring 31 on Tuesday. He became the youngest player in NBA history to score 20-plus in six straight games. The top overall pick also became the first rookie in 35 years to record eight 20-point games in the first 10 games of his career. The Pelicans will visit the Portland Trail Blazers next Friday in their first game after the All-Star break.
Zion scored 40.7 FanDuel points on Thursday. numberFire's models project him for 15.0 points, 6.3 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 0.8 steals, 0.5 blocks, and 1.2 triples per game over the rest of the season.
- Jazz's Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell medically cleared from COVID-19 March 27th, 2020
- Detroit's Christian Wood reportedly cleared from coronavirus on Wednesday night March 26th, 2020
- Warriors' Klay Thompson participating in drills March 22nd, 2020
- Kevin Durant, 3 other Nets test positive for coronavirus March 17th, 2020
- NBA (COVID-19) best-case for return is reportedly mid-June March 16th, 2020
- Pistons' Christian Wood tests positive for coronavirus March 15th, 2020
- New Orleans Pelicans vs. Sacramento Kings postponed on Wednesday due to illness concerns March 11th, 2020
- Zion Williamson good to go Wednesday for Pelicans' back-to-back March 4th, 2020
- Lonzo Ball almost has 19-point triple-double, Pelicans fall to Lakers March 2nd, 2020
- Pelicans' J.J. Redick (hamstring) out at least 2 weeks March 1st, 2020
- New Orleans' J.J. Redick (hamstring) out for Sunday's game against Lakers February 29th, 2020
- J.J. Redick (hamstring) will not return for Pelicans on Friday February 28th, 2020