Marcus Smart turns in 31-point gem for Celtics in start
Boston Celtics point guard Marcus Smart scored 31 points (10-of-20 field goals, 6-of-8 free throws) with 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals, 5 3-pointers, and 3 turnovers in 45.9 minutes of a 141-133 double-overtime win over the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday.
Following three straight single-digit scoring efforts, Smart was outstanding in a spot-start for Jaylen Brown (calf). He's shooting 46.0 percent from the field in February after making just 36.2 percent of his attempts in December and January. Smart and the Celtics will visit the Minnesota Timberwolves on February 21 in their first game out of the All-Star break.
Smart scored 49.3 FanDuel points on Thursday, his third-highest total of the season. numberFire's models project him for 11.1 points, 3.3 rebounds, 4.7 assists, 1.4 steals, and 1.7 triples per game over the rest of the season.
- Utah's Mike Conley (hamstring) questionable for Game 4 on Monday June 13th, 2021
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) questionable for Game 4 on Monday June 13th, 2021
- Will Barton starting for Denver in Game 4 on Sunday, Austin Rivers coming off the bench June 13th, 2021
- Nuggets' Monte Morris starting in Game 4 on Sunday, Facundo Campazzo coming off the bench June 13th, 2021
- Nets' Kyrie Irving (ankle) will not return to Game 4 on Sunday June 13th, 2021
- Jeff Green (foot) available for Brooklyn in Game 4 June 13th, 2021
- Kemba Walker (knee) ruled out for Celtics Tuesday June 1st, 2021
- Celtics' Robert Williams (ankle) doubtful for Game 5 on Tuesday June 1st, 2021
- Boston's Kemba Walker (knee) doubtful for Game 5's matchup against Nets May 31st, 2021
- Celtics' Romeo Langford starting in Game 4 on Sunday in place of injured Kemba Walker (knee) May 30th, 2021
- Kemba Walker (knee) out for Celtics in Game 4 on Sunday, Romeo Langford to start against Nets May 30th, 2021
- Celtics' Robert Williams (ankle) out for Game 4 on Sunday May 30th, 2021