Woj: Houston trades James Harden to Nets in blockbuster deal
The Houston Rockets have traded superstar guard James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets in a three-team blockbuster, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
The rumors of a Harden trade were present all day long, and while Philadelphia originally seemed like the frontrunner, the Nets will receive the embattled wing. Coming back to Houston will be Caris LeVert, Rodions Kurucs, 4 future 1st-round picks, 4 draft pick swaps, and Dante Exum - Cleveland is also joining the megadeal. The Cavs will then receive Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince.
In 8 games this season, Harden has averaged 24.8 points, 5.1 rebounds, 10.4 assists and 47.2 FanDuel points. However, expect his usage rate to drop drastically in Brooklyn, as he'll be forced to share the ball with Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant, should the former return to the team soon.
- Evan Fournier signs four-year deal with Knicks August 2nd, 2021
- Bulls sign Alex Caruso to 4-year, $37 million deal August 2nd, 2021
- Suns sign Chris Paul to massive extension August 2nd, 2021
- Kyle Lowry joining Heat with 3-year contract August 2nd, 2021
- Pistons sign Kelly Olynyk to 3-year deal August 2nd, 2021
- Lonzo Ball leaving Pelicans in sign-and-trade with Bulls August 2nd, 2021
- Suns reportedly acquire Landry Shamet in trade with Nets July 29th, 2021
- Nets' Kyrie Irving (ankle) out for Game 7 showdown with Bucks on Saturday June 18th, 2021
- Jeff Green starting for Brooklyn in Game 6; Bruce Brown to bench June 17th, 2021
- Bruce Brown coming off Nets' bench Thursday June 17th, 2021
- Nets' Kyrie Irving (ankle) out for Game 6 on Thursday June 16th, 2021
- James Harden (hamstring) will play for Brooklyn in Tuesday's Game 5 June 15th, 2021