Jags sign running back Carlos Hyde
The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed free agent running back Carlos Hyde to a 2-year, $6 million deal, Ian Rapoport reports.
Hyde spent the last year in Seattle behind Chris Carson, but will now try out a second stint in Jacksonville after spending part of the 2018 season with the Jaguars. The veteran has proven himself to be a proven, if uninspiring, chain-mover since leaving the San Francisco 49ers after the 2017 season.
Hyde will compete for a role with sophomore back James Robinson, who shattered records for undrafted rookie running backs in 2020. Robinson was the Jaguars' entire running back corps last season, finishing with 289 touches for 1,414 scrimmage yards and 10 touchdowns. Undrafted running backs often face a steep uphill climb to maintaining fantasy relevance, but Robinson's 2020 season certainly boosted his chances of maintaining a lead-back role in 2021, despite Hyde's signing.
- Evan Fournier signs four-year deal with Knicks August 2nd, 2021
- Bulls sign Alex Caruso to 4-year, $37 million deal August 2nd, 2021
- Suns sign Chris Paul to massive extension August 2nd, 2021
- Kyle Lowry joining Heat with 3-year contract August 2nd, 2021
- Pistons sign Kelly Olynyk to 3-year deal August 2nd, 2021
- Lonzo Ball leaving Pelicans in sign-and-trade with Bulls August 2nd, 2021
- Timberwolves reportedly trade Ricky Rubio to Cavaliers July 29th, 2021
- Suns reportedly acquire Landry Shamet in trade with Nets July 29th, 2021
- Grizzlies getting Eric Bledsoe in multi-player, pick swap July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans acquire Jonas Valanciunas, picks from Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans send Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe to Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo (health protocols) ruled out for Bucks in Game 5 July 17th, 2021