Celtics trading Daniel Theis to Bulls in multi-team agreement
The Chicago Bulls are acquiring power forward Daniel Theis from the Boston Celtics in a multi-team trade.
Theis should still see consistent minutes but he will go from a starting job in Boston to a backup role with the Bulls. He can offer minutes at center behind Nikola Vucevic and also at the four behind Lauri Markkanen. Theis' departure should open up more opportunities for Robert Williams, especially while Tristan Thompson (protocols) is unavailable. The trade also includes Daniel Gafford and Chandler Hutchison going to the Washington Wizards while Moe Wagner and Luke Kornet land with the Celtics. The Bulls are also receiving Troy Brown Jr. and Javonte Green.
Theis was averaging 22.0 FanDuel points in 24.4 minutes over 42 games for the Celtics this season. He put up a career-high 2.3 3-point attempts per contest and connected on 34.7 percent of them.
- Hawks' AJ Griffin makes start on Saturday February 4th, 2023
- Nuggets’ Vlatko Cancar back with bench Saturday February 4th, 2023
- Aaron Gordon (ankle) active Saturday, replacing Vlatko Cancar in Nuggets lineup February 4th, 2023
- Bones Hyland (illness) available Saturday for Denver February 4th, 2023
- Nuggets' Nikola Jokic (hamstring) available on Saturday February 4th, 2023
- Warriors’ Jonathan Kuminga coming off bench Saturday February 4th, 2023
- Daniel Theis (injury management) questionable for Indiana's Sunday matchup February 4th, 2023
- Tyrese Haliburton (knee/elbow) active for Pacers on Friday night February 3rd, 2023
- Indiana's Daniel Theis (knee) available for Friday's game versus Kings February 3rd, 2023
- Pacers list Daniel Theis (knee) as questionable on Friday February 3rd, 2023
- Indiana's Tyrese Haliburton (knee/elbow) questionable for Friday's game versus Kings February 3rd, 2023
- T.J. McConnell moving to Indiana second unit Thursday February 2nd, 2023