Bulls' Zach LaVine (ankle) aggravates ankle injury
Chicago Bulls guard Zach LaVine aggravated his ankle injury during Monday's game against the Golden State Warriors.
LaVine admitted he may need to miss some time to allow the injury to fully heal. “It’s a decision I’m going to have to make coming up, because obviously you guys can tell, I’m not myself," LaVine said. "I’m just trying to go out there and obviously tough it out. But I rolled it a little bit again [Sunday], so I’ll figure it out later." LaVine has failed to shoot better than 40.0 percent from the field in five straight games and he's hitting just 36.9 percent overall in that span. It sounds like he may sit out at least Wednesday's game against the Phoenix Suns. LaVine's absence would lead to an uptick in usage for new teammate Nikola Vucevic and a potential start for Denzel Valentine. Lauri Markkanen, who was benched on Monday for Thaddeus Young, and Patrick Williams would also stand to benefit if LaVine sits for the first time this season.
LaVine is averaging 26.0 FanDuel points over his last five games, compared to 41.0 FanDuel points for the season. numberFire's models currently project him for 40.3 FanDuel points on Wednesday if he plays.
- Charlie Culberson hitting sixth for Texas on Friday evening September 24th, 2021
- Evan Fournier signs four-year deal with Knicks August 2nd, 2021
- Suns sign Chris Paul to massive extension August 2nd, 2021
- Kyle Lowry joining Heat with 3-year contract August 2nd, 2021
- Pistons sign Kelly Olynyk to 3-year deal August 2nd, 2021
- Timberwolves reportedly trade Ricky Rubio to Cavaliers July 29th, 2021
- Bulls sign Alex Caruso to 4-year, $37 million deal August 2nd, 2021
- Lonzo Ball leaving Pelicans in sign-and-trade with Bulls August 2nd, 2021
- Bulls' Lauri Markkanen starting on Sunday in place of Nikola Vucevic (rest) May 16th, 2021
- Nikola Vucevic (rest) listed out for Bulls Sunday May 16th, 2021
- Garrett Temple starting for Chicago Saturday in place of injured Zach LaVine May 15th, 2021
- Tomas Satoransky (ankle) remains out for Chicago Saturday May 15th, 2021