Wizards' Martell Webster to undergo season-ending hip surgery
Washington Wizards guard Martell Webster is set to undergo season-ending hip surgery for his partially torn labrum on Friday.
The injury occurred back in September. "We tried everything else, and I just wasn’t getting the results that I wanted," Webster said. "So I wanted to go out and get it taken care of rather than playing this season in some discomfort and then wait until the offseason to get it taken care of and then rehab the whole offseason and then try to find a rhythm come training camp. I’d rather take care of it now." Webster insists this won't be of the career-ending variety, and his current timeline is around four-to-six months.
Webster finished the 2014-2015 season with a -1.4 nERD on the year with an 89 Offensive Rating and 106 Defensive Rating. He had a 5.9 Player Efficiency Rating and .445 True Shooting Percentage.
- Grizzlies getting Eric Bledsoe in multi-player, pick swap July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans acquire Jonas Valanciunas, picks from Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans send Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe to Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo (health protocols) ruled out for Bucks in Game 5 July 17th, 2021
- Suns' Dario Saric tears ACL, out indefinitely July 7th, 2021
- Dario Saric (knee) won't return for Suns in Game 1 July 6th, 2021
- Washington's Raul Neto starting for injured Davis Bertans on Wednesday June 2nd, 2021
- Wizards' Davis Bertans (calf) out for at least four weeks June 1st, 2021
- Davis Bertans (calf) out for remainder of Monday's Game 4 contest May 31st, 2021
- Russell Westbrook (ankle) will play Monday for Wizards May 31st, 2021
- Wizards' Ish Smith (groin) will play Monday May 31st, 2021
- Wizards starting Daniel Gafford on Monday, Alex Len to bench May 31st, 2021