Marcus Keene scores only 16 points in Central Michigan's win
Central Michigan Chippewas junior guard Marcus Keene posted a season-low 16 points in Friday's win over the Chicago State Cougars.
Entering Friday, Keene was leading the nation with 31.9 points per game, but he failed to reach at least 23 points for the first time this season. He shot a horrific 5-for-21 from the floor including 2-for-10 from beyond the arc. The junior tried to make up for his shot being off by dishing out his second-most dimes of the year with eight.
Keene is looking to become the first player in over 20 years to average 30.0 points per game. He is averaging 30.7 points per game while shooting 48.7% from the floor and 40.5% from three.
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Marcus Keene will leave Central Michigan for the NBA Draft March 20th, 2017
- Marcus Keene scores 27 points on Friday for Central Michigan February 24th, 2017
- Marcus Keene stuffs the stat sheet in Central Michigan's loss February 14th, 2017
- Marcus Keene scores only 16 points in Central Michigan's win December 30th, 2016
- Marcus Keene goes wild for Central Michigan on Wednesday December 22nd, 2016