Shamorie Ponds scores a game-high 23 points in St. John's loss
St. John's Red Storm freshman guard Shamorie Ponds scored a game-high 23 points in Sunday's loss to the Xavier Musketeers.
Ponds struggled from deep, missing all six three-point attempts, but excelled inside the arc (6-for-8) while sinking 11-of-13 free-throw attempts. The high-scoring freshman has scored 20 or more points nine times this season as he is shooting 44.3 percent from the field, 37.8 percent from three and 81.4 percent from the line.
Ponds ranks fifth among freshman with 17.2 points per game and second behind only Malik Monk with 2.6 three-pointers per contest.
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Shamorie Ponds scores a game-high 23 points in St. John's loss January 30th, 2017
- Shamorie Ponds struggles mightily in St. John's loss to Georgetown January 9th, 2017
- Shamorie Ponds drops 26 points in St. John's upset of Butler December 30th, 2016
- Chris Obekpa to transfer from St. John's June 24th, 2015