UT-Arlington's Kevin Hervey dominates in a win over Georgia Southern
UT-Arlington Mavericks junior forward Kevin Hervey went off for a career-high 28 points with 13 rebounds, 3 assists and 5 three-pointers in Monday's 81-71 win over the Georgia Southern Eagles.
Hervey was 9-for-15 from the floor as he scored at least 17 points for the eighth consecutive game. Monday was also his 11th double-double of the year. The junior is averaging 20.6 points, 9.2 rebounds and 2.5 three-pointers per game with a 132.1 offensive rating in 13 Sun Belt Conference games.
The Mavericks are now 21-6 and lead the conference by a full game as they look to make the big dance for the second time in school history. Our models currently give them a 74.2 percent chance of making the field of 68 with a 12-seed as their likely prize.
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- UT-Arlington's Kevin Hervey dominates in a win over Georgia Southern February 21st, 2017