Drew Brees reportedly re-signing with Saints for 2 years, $50 million
The New Orleans Saints and quarterback Drew Brees agreed to terms on a 2-year deal worth roughly $50 million, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Brees wound up taking less than market value to help the Saints improve the team elsewhere, but he was always expected to return to New Orleans. Now 41, Brees will make at least one more run for a second Super Bowl ring. He led the league in completion percentage (74.3) for a third straight season in 2019.
Brees was the QB8 in FanDuel points per game last season (20.8). He averaged 270.8 yards and 2.45 touchdowns over nine games. Brees also posted a career-best 7.1 touchdown percentage. Among the 34 quarterbacks with at least 200 dropbacks, Brees was third in added extra points per play.
- Silver: 49ers and George Kittle 'remain far apart' on potential extension May 30th, 2020
- Texans, Zach Fulton agree to restructured contract May 29th, 2020
- 49ers' Dee Ford had "relatively minor" knee surgery during offseason May 29th, 2020
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Matt Judon signs Ravens' franchise tag Thursday May 28th, 2020
- DeAndre Hopkins envisions better numbers in Arizona May 28th, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- Jay Glazer: Taysom Hill next in line for Saints May 20th, 2020
- Saints sign running back Ty Montgomery May 15th, 2020
- Saints release Pro Bowl guard Larry Warford May 8th, 2020
- Saints see Tommy Stevens as "bigger Taysom Hill" April 30th, 2020
- Saints' Jameis Winston claims improved depth perception April 29th, 2020