Bruce Irvin reunites with Seahawks
The Seattle Seahawks have reportedly signed defensive lineman Bruce Irvin.
Irvin rejoins the Seahawks, who selected him with the 15th overall pick in the 2012 draft. He played four seasons in Seattle, before leaving for the Oakland Raiders in 2016, and most recently played 13 games for the Carolina Panthers last season. His signing provides the Seahawks with some insurance in case Jadeveon Clowney opts to sign elsewhere.
Irvin recorded a career-high 8.5 sacks last season, up from 6.5 in 2018, as well as 5 quarterback hits and 26 pressures, both up from 2018. Per Pro Football Focus, Irvin was the 74th highest graded edge defender in 2019.
- Rapoport: Michael Thomas (ankle) expected to miss start of Saints season July 23rd, 2021
- Rapoport: Davante Adams, Packers break off extension talks July 23rd, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ankle) starts camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Kyle Rudolph (foot) opens training camp on Giants' PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) opens training camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Report: Zach Ertz now has 'great chance' to stay with Eagles July 21st, 2021
- Carroll: Gerald Everett will be "real threat" in 2021 June 23rd, 2021
- Russell Wilson excited for Seahawks' new "super complex" offense June 13th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Seahawks' Jamal Adams (shoulders, fingers) will require offseason surgery January 10th, 2021
- Seattle's Rashaad Penny inactive for Saturday's playoff matchup against Rams January 9th, 2021
- Alex Collins promoted to Seattle's active roster for Saturday's playoff matchup against Rams January 8th, 2021