P.J. Williams staying in New Orleans
The New Orleans Saints re-signed defensive back P.J. Williams to a 1-year, $2 million contract.
Williams is capable of covering inside and outside, and he also played safety last season. He figures to be a utility depth option for the Saints in 2020. Williams has given up 8.2 yards per target each of the past two seasons. He had 1 interception and 4 pass deflections last season and allowed 5 touchdowns on 64 targets. Williams turns 27 in two months.
Williams graded 74th on Pro Football Focus last season among 83 corners to play at least 553 defensive snaps. He's received negative coverage grades each of the past two years.
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Matt Judon signs Ravens' franchise tag Thursday May 28th, 2020
- DeAndre Hopkins envisions better numbers in Arizona May 28th, 2020
- Ravens say all running backs have role May 28th, 2020
- Justice Hill to make 'big jump' for Ravens May 28th, 2020
- Patrick Peterson, Cardinals haven't talked contract May 28th, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- Jay Glazer: Taysom Hill next in line for Saints May 20th, 2020
- Saints sign running back Ty Montgomery May 15th, 2020
- Saints release Pro Bowl guard Larry Warford May 8th, 2020
- Saints see Tommy Stevens as "bigger Taysom Hill" April 30th, 2020
- Saints' Jameis Winston claims improved depth perception April 29th, 2020