Kenny Stills likely Texans' 'odd man out'
Houston Texans wide receiver Kenny Stills "appears to be the odd man out," writes Aaron Reiss of The Athletic.
Reiss points to a handful of reasons for Stills being on the outskirts, including the Texans acquiring Brandin Cooks and Randall Cobb this offseason and the "redundancy" of skill-sets between Stills, Cooks, and Cobb. The Texans can also clear Stills' $7 million salary off the books via release or trade. He only had one 100-yard game last season and set a career-low with 14.0 yards per catch. Stills turns 28 next week.
Stills averaged 7.7 FanDuel points (WR66), 43.2 yards, 3.1 receptions, and 4.2 targets per game with 4 touchdowns. His 10.2 yards per target was sixth-most among qualified wide receivers last season and he ranked 8th in numberFire's advanced per-target receiving metric out of 81 wideouts with 50-plus targets.
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Pharaoh Brown (shoulder, ankle) DNP for Houston Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Steelers' Eric Ebron (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 16th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (groin) limited for Lions on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Miami's Will Fuller (personal) absent on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Bills' Gabriel Davis (ankle) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Bills' Emmanuel Sanders (foot) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Bills' Zack Moss inactive for Week 1 clash with Steelers September 12th, 2021
- Bills' Emmanuel Sanders (foot) expected to play in Week 1 clash with Steelers September 12th, 2021
- Emmanuel Sanders (foot) questionable for Bills in Week 1 September 10th, 2021
- Bills' Josh Allen working on dialing back his "hero ball" mentality August 23rd, 2021