Eagles want to throw ball down field in 2020
Philadelphia Eagles general manager Howie Roseman said the offense wants to feature more of a down-field passing attack next season.
"We want to throw the ball down the field," Roseman stated. "We don’t want to be station-to-station football — that’s not what [head] coach [Doug] Pederson wants.” The Eagles have clearly made it a priority to add speed at the receiver position this offseason. They spent their first-round pick on explosive deep threat Jalen Reagor and then added two more speed specialists later in the draft. Fellow field-stretcher Marquise Goodwin was also acquired from the San Francisco 49ers. These investments should bode well for Carson Wentz, who is coming off his first career 4,000-yard season. The Eagles tied for 10th-most in the league last year with 29 drops.
Wentz averaged 17.7 FanDuel points (QB14) and 252.4 yards per game last season with 27 touchdowns (fifth-most in NFL, second-most of career) and 7 interceptions. He finished with the eighth-most air yards (4,769) but was only 22nd in average depth of target (7.9 yards) out of 34 quarterbacks to play at least half the season. Wentz ranked 19th in deep-ball completion percentage (34.8).
- Derrick Henry dominates for 3 scores in Titans' comeback victory September 19th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski finds endzone twice in blowout victory September 19th, 2021
- Cooper Kupp goes for 163 yards, 2 touchdowns in Rams win September 19th, 2021
- Kyler Murray scores 4 times in wild Cardinals win September 19th, 2021
- Marquise Brown (ankle) active for Ravens Sunday night September 19th, 2021
- Texans' Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) ruled out of Week 3's game against Panthers September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (ankle) sidelined against Rams, Jacob Eason now under center September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman (ankle) active for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) ruled out for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Colts "confident" Parris Campbell (abdomen) will play in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman Jr. (ankle) expected to play Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021