Cardinals reject Haason Reddick 2021 option
The Arizona Cardinals declined linebacker Haason Reddick's fifth-year team option for 2021.
Reddick offers versatility in being able to play inside and outside, but he became expendable when the Cardinals selected Isaiah Simmons with the 8th overall pick in last month's draft. The Cardinals' decision likely means next season will be Reddick's final with the franchise. He's played in all 48 possible games and made 20 starts for Arizona since being taken 13th overall in 2017, but his play took a step back last season (career-low 40.1 defensive grade from Pro Football Focus).
Reddick recorded a career-low 1.0 sacks with 6 tackles for loss, 6 pass deflections, and 1 fumble recovery for the Cardinals last season. He received the lowest grade from Pro Football Focus out of 63 linebackers to play at least 500 defensive snaps.
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 23rd, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Robby Anderson provides 38 yards on 6 targets September 20th, 2021
- Zane Gonzalez signs deal with Panthers Tuesday September 14th, 2021
- Christian McCaffrey racks up 187 all-purpose yards in Week 1 win September 12th, 2021
- Panthers claim running back Royce Freeman off waivers on Thursday September 2nd, 2021
- Robbie Anderson signs 2-year extension with Carolina August 24th, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey "hungry" and "ready to go" August 23rd, 2021