Aaron Lynch signs with Jaguars
The Jacksonville Jaguars signed defensive end Aaron Lynch, formerly of the Chicago Bears, to a 1-year contract.
Lynch appeared in every game for the Bears as a role player last season, totaling 244 defensive snaps. He earned an overall defensive grade below 50.0 from Pro Football Focus for the first time in his career. Lynch has 5.0 sacks and 7 tackles for loss with 17 quarterback hits and 20 pressures in 29 games over the last two years. He turned 27 in February.
Lynch was handed the lowest overall defensive grade (36.0) from PFF out of 125 edge defenders with at least 200 defensive snaps last season. He fared much better as a pash-rusher, earning a grade of 62.9 that ranked 68th in that same group.
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) placed on injured reserve September 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Jaguars' Laviska Shenault (shoulder) logs full practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Meyer: Jaguars' D.J. Chark (hand) will be ready for Week 1 August 31st, 2021
- Jacksonville's Marvin Jones (shoulder) 'expected to be full-go' for regular season opener August 25th, 2021
- Jaguars place Travis Etienne (foot) on injured reserve August 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jaguars' Travis Etienne suffered Lisfranc injury August 24th, 2021
- Travis Etienne (foot) questionable to return to Jags' Monday night game August 23rd, 2021