Giants place Sterling Shepard (turf toe) on IR
The New York Giants placed wide receiver Sterling Shepard (toe) on injured reserve.
Shepard will be eligible to return in Week 6. He was ruled out at the start of the second half in Week 2 against the Chicago Bears after battling turf toe in the first half. He had drawn 10 targets over six quarters of play and played the second-most snaps among wide receivers. Damion Ratley should see more playing time with Shepard out while more targets will be available for Evan Engram, Darius Slayton, and Golden Tate. The Giants play the San Francisco 49ers in Week 3.
numberFire's models expect Engram to draw 7.7 targets and Tate to see 7.3 on Sunday while Slayton gets 7.2 looks. The 49ers rank top-5 against the pass this season in our advanced rankings.
- Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts September 18th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) ruled out for Week 2 September 18th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Darin Ruf out of San Francisco's Saturday lineup against Atlanta September 18th, 2021
- Saquon Barkley plays 84% of snaps in Giants loss September 17th, 2021
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Saquon Barkley (knee) active for Giants on Thursday Night Football September 16th, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Evan Engram (calf) ruled out for Giants on Thursday September 15th, 2021