Breshad Perriman (ankle) sitting out for Jets versus Colts
New York Jets wide receiver Breshad Perriman (ankle) has been ruled out for Week 3 against the Indianapolis Colts.
Perriman injured his ankle in the first half of the Jets' Week 2 loss to the San Francisco 49ers, joining Jamison Crowder (hamstring) on the sidelines. Chris Hogan and Braxton Berrios both wound up leading the Jets with 8 targets and 6 catches a piece while Josh Malone drew 6 targets of his own. Chris Herndon, who has run routes on less than half of his snaps through two games, could potentially be more involved in Week 3.
The Colts enter Week 3 with a top-10 pass defense, according to numberFire's advanced rankings, against a Jets offense with the third-worst pass attack in the league. Herndon's 0.98 yards per route run ranks fourth-worst out of all tight ends with at least 10 targets this season.
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 23rd, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (groin) limited again for Bears Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) still Bears starter when healthy September 22nd, 2021
- Bears name Justin Fields Week 3 starter versus Browns September 22nd, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) expected to sit for Bears in Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Rapoport: Andy Dalton has knee bone bruise, Week 3 status for Bears TBD September 20th, 2021
- Bears' Justin Fields filling in for Andy Dalton (questionable, knee) September 19th, 2021