Rapoport: Baker Mayfield (COVID-19) could get cleared by Wednesday
Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield could be cleared from the reserve/COVID-19 list by Wednesday, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Mayfield was reportedly placed on the list due to being in close contact with someone who tested positive. If he's cleared by Wednesday, Mayfield could wind up getting in a normal week of practice before Sunday's Week 10 matchup with the Houston Texans. Case Keenum will get the nod if Mayfield remains ineligible.
Mayfield is averaging 15.0 FanDuel points (QB28) and a career-low 189.3 passing yards per game with 15 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. The Texans are allowing the eighth-most FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position this season and have the third-worst pass defense in numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Justin Jackson placed on Chargers' COVID-19 list July 27th, 2021
- 49ers' Jeff Wilson (knee) placed on active/PUP list, out until at least Week 8 July 27th, 2021
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (groin) placed on active/PUP list July 27th, 2021
- Kadarius Toney activated off Giants' COVID-19 list July 27th, 2021
- Steelers expecting Najee Harris to be 3-down back July 27th, 2021
- Pelissero: Packers working on acquiring Randall Cobb from Texans July 27th, 2021
- Odell Beckham (ACL) reportedly cleared for Browns camp July 27th, 2021
- Browns' Donovan Peoples-Jones "looks incredible right now" June 21st, 2021
- Nick Chubb, Browns negotiating extension June 21st, 2021
- Browns' David Njoku (hamstring) active Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Browns' David Njoku (hamstring) expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Browns activate LG Joel Bitonio from reserve/COVID-19 list January 15th, 2021