Jaguars place Chris Thompson on injured reserve
The Jacksonville Jaguars placed running back Chris Thompson on injured reserve.
Thompson hasn't been on the fantasy radar but he has drawn 23 targets out of the backfield this season, so his absence creates more upside for James Robinson in an offense that is expected to be playing from behind in nearly every game. The only other healthy back on the roster is Devine Ozigbo. Jacksonville faces a Pittsburgh Steelers defense in Week 11 that is allowing the fewest receptions and second-fewest receiving yards per game to running backs.
Robinson is averaging 4.3 targets per game and is adding the 17th-most Reception Net Expected Points per target among the 39 backs with at least 20 targets this season. Thompson is 20th. Robinson is the RB5 in numberFire's Week 11 fantasy rankings and has a salary of $7,200 on FanDuel's main slate.
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (groin) questionable for Week 3's showdown with Cleveland September 24th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) a game-time decision for Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (COVID-19) not expected to play in Week 3's game against Rams September 24th, 2021
- Jaguars' Laviska Shenault (shoulder) logs full practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Meyer: Jaguars' D.J. Chark (hand) will be ready for Week 1 August 31st, 2021
- Jacksonville's Marvin Jones (shoulder) 'expected to be full-go' for regular season opener August 25th, 2021
- Jaguars place Travis Etienne (foot) on injured reserve August 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jaguars' Travis Etienne suffered Lisfranc injury August 24th, 2021
- Travis Etienne (foot) questionable to return to Jags' Monday night game August 23rd, 2021