Dolphins' Salvon Ahmed gains 74 yards in second game
Miami Dolphins running back Salvon Ahmed rushed 12 times for 43 yards and caught 5 passes (6 targets) for 31 yards in a 20-13, Week 11 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday.
Ahmed out-touched Matt Breida and Patrick Laird a combined 17-3 and played 66.2 percent of the offensive snaps. He dominated carries for the second straight week and remained involved as a pass-catcher, tying for second-most targets on the team, in a negative game script. Breida only played 7-of-65 snaps (10.8 percent) in his return from injury, so Ahmed seemingly has a secure grip on the lead back role as long as Myles Gaskin (knee) is out. The Dolphins will face a New York Jets defense in Week 12 that is much more stout against the run (fifth-fewest yards per attempt) than the pass (fourth-most yards per attempt).
Ahmed scored 9.9 FanDuel points in Week 11 and is averaging 12.7 FanDuel points over the last two contests. Despite the surprising start, Ahmed has earned the fifth-worst elusive grade from Pro Football Focus among all running backs with at least 25 carries this season.
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Preston Williams (foot) inactive for Miami in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (foot) not expected to play against Patriots in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (foot) questionable for Week 1 September 10th, 2021
- Dolphins' Myles Gaskin could be the "lead back" in 2021 September 6th, 2021
- Dolphins "very confident" in Tua Tagovailoa heading into Week 1 August 29th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (foot) returns to game action on Sunday August 29th, 2021