Steelers' James Conner dealing with quad injury
Pittsburgh Steelers running back James Conner has an injured quad.
Conner only managed 18 yards on 10 carries Sunday night and the injury may have played a factor. It was his smallest workload since Week 1 when Conner injured his ankle. Benny Snell and Anthony McFarland would both likely split the backfield work in Week 15 versus the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday night if Conner can't play.
The Steelers throw the ball on 62.9 percent of their plays, tied for fifth-most in the league, so the backfield doesn't carry much upside. Per numberFire's schedule-adjusted team rankings, the Bengals also defend the run (16th) better than the pass (29th).
- Bears' Andy Dalton (knee) headed to locker room; Justin Fields in at quarterback September 19th, 2021
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa (upper body) carted to locker room, Jacoby Brisset now under center against Buffalo September 19th, 2021
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (knee) questionable to return against Houston in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Bills' Zack Moss officially active for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Jets' Denzel Mims inactive for Week 2 showdown with New England September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray expected to play "some snaps" against Chiefs on Friday August 18th, 2021
- Matt Carpenter hitting fifth for Cardinals on Saturday night August 14th, 2021
- Cardinals' Christian Kirk (undisclosed) back at practice Thursday August 5th, 2021
- Chase Edmonds reportedly the favorite to be Cardinals' featured back July 8th, 2021
- Cardinals' Rondale Moore excelling at "making the first guy miss" June 21st, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray looking to run less this season June 10th, 2021