Raiders keep spending, agree to sign Bruce Irvin
The Oakland Raiders agreed to terms with linebacker Bruce Irvin, formerly of the Seattle Seahawks.
Irvin had been linked to Seattle and the Atlanta Falcons, but it's the Raiders who have landed the former first-round pick. Being dubbed a "pass rusher" by the media, Irvin has just 22 career sacks in four full seasons. He's more of a strong-side linebacker and should improve that area of Oakland's defense. Irvin could also be asked to play defensive end after Justin Tuck retired, Aldon Smith was suspended and Mario Edwards suffered what's believed to be a potentially career-threatening neck injury as a 2015 rookie. Irvin's signing reunites him with DC Ken Norton, who coached linebackers in Seattle through the 2014 season. The Raiders had a boatload of money to spend, and have now landed offensive lineman Kelechi Osemele and Irvin.
Outside of Khalil Mack, Oakland's defense was pretty pedestrian in 2015. The Raiders ranked 22nd in Adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play.
- Derrick Henry dominates for 3 scores in Titans' comeback victory September 19th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski finds endzone twice in blowout victory September 19th, 2021
- Cooper Kupp goes for 163 yards, 2 touchdowns in Rams win September 19th, 2021
- Kyler Murray scores 4 times in wild Cardinals win September 19th, 2021
- Marquise Brown (ankle) active for Ravens Sunday night September 19th, 2021
- Texans' Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) ruled out of Week 3's game against Panthers September 19th, 2021
- D'Wayne Eskridge (concussion) doubtful for Seahawks Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Rashaad Penny (calf) doubtful for Seahawks in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (calf) expected to miss "a few weeks" September 13th, 2021
- Tyler Lockett scorches Colts for 2 touchdowns in Seahawks Week 1 win September 12th, 2021
- Seahawks rule out Rashaad Penny (calf) for remainder of Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (calf) limited Thursday September 9th, 2021