Kyle Pitts could fill in as Falcons' No. 2 target
Atlanta Falcons rookie tight end Kyle Pitts could see a larger role following the Julio Jones trade, per ESPN.com and others.
Calvin Ridley is the clear No. 1 option in the Falcons' offense without Jones on the roster, but the door is now wide open for Pitts to step in as the team's second pass-catcher. The fourth overall pick from this year's draft, Pitts was selected as a tight end but he is capable of splitting out wide and could emerge as an elite option near the goal line. The Falcons' other pass-catchers consist of the likes of Russell Gage, Olamide Zaccheaus, Christian Blake, and Hayden Hurst, so Pitts should have no problem emerging as Matt Ryan's second option.
Pitts is currently numberFire's TE5 in our preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 77.4 targets (12.6 percent share), 115.3 receptions, 889.7 yards, and 6.8 touchdowns.
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (groin) questionable for Week 3's showdown with Cleveland September 24th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) a game-time decision for Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (COVID-19) not expected to play in Week 3's game against Rams September 24th, 2021
- Falcons' Cordarrelle Patterson turns 12 touches into 69 yards, 2 touchdowns September 20th, 2021
- Kyle Pitts playing in slot, out wide for Falcons September 13th, 2021
- Cordarrelle Patterson listed as Falcons' No. 2 running back September 7th, 2021
- Falcons sign Wayne Gallman, release Qadree Ollison September 2nd, 2021
- Falcons utilizing Kyle Pitts to find exploitable matchups August 27th, 2021
- Kyle Pitts receiving praise at Falcons' joint practices August 19th, 2021