James Robinson expected to lead Jaguars' backfield in snaps
Jacksonville Jaguars running back James Robinson is expected to lead the backfield in snaps, per John Shipley of Jaguar Report.
Robinson racked up the sixth-most touches in the NFL during his rookie season, but he will be at risk of reduced volume in 2021 after the Jaguars selected Travis Etienne in the first round of this year's draft. "Offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell has shown a past tendency to give more of his offense's rushing focus to backs with skill sets similar Robinson in the past," Shipley writes. "Robinson should be expected to be the hammer of the offense, a role that is still supremely important." Shipley believes that "the Jaguars have bigger and more expansive plans for" Etienne, possibly putting Robinson in a position to still dominate carries and goal-line work.
numberFire's models currently project Robinson for 164.0 carries and 701.9 yards with 4.5 rushing touchdowns in his second season. Etienne, meanwhile, is expected to handle 151.7 carries and also catch 87.4 catches for 1,217.2 yards from scrimmage. Robinson is the RB37 and Etienne is the RB24 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Falcons place Cordarrelle Patterson (knee) on IR October 3rd, 2022
- Teddy Bridgewater to start at quarterback for Dolphins in Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Giants optimistic Daniel Jones (ankle) plays Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa (concussion) out for Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Julio Jones 'nicked up' for Buccaneers in return October 3rd, 2022
- Jonathan Taylor (ankle) could play for Colts Thursday night October 3rd, 2022
- Jags' Zay Jones (ankle) inactive for Week 4 October 2nd, 2022
- Jags' Zay Jones (ankle) expected to play in Week 4 October 2nd, 2022
- Jaguars' Zay Jones (ankle) questionable for Week 4 September 30th, 2022
- Jaguars' Zay Jones (ankle) DNP on Thursday September 29th, 2022
- Pederson: Jags will continue scheming up play for Christian Kirk September 19th, 2022
- Jaguars' James Robinson (Achilles) expected to be active for Week 1 September 5th, 2022