Chase Edmonds reportedly the favorite to be Cardinals' featured back
Arizona Cardinals running back Chase Edmonds is in line to be the featured back, according to Adam Beasley of Pro Football Network.
"A source tells us that the Cardinals’ training camp battle at running back might be a battle in name only. Rather, Edmonds is the favorite to be the team’s featured back after splitting time with Kenyan Drake in 2020." While this is just an early report, it wouldn't be surprising. Edmonds has been solid for the Cardinals for a couple years now, and he looked to be the best back on the team last year over Drake. Free-agent signee James Conner will likely have a sizable role with the team after leaving the Steelers, but it looks like Edmonds is on track to be the lead guy.
Our models currently project Edmonds for 806.74 rushing yards on 187.34 carries with 7.32 touchdowns. They also project him for 46.55 catches on 60.91 targets for 330.71 yards and 2.02 touchdowns.
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (neck) 'not quite there yet' for Colts September 27th, 2021
- Pats' James White out indefinitely with hip subluxation injury September 27th, 2021
- Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins (ribs) "pretty confident he will play" September 26th, 2021
- Kingsbury: Arizona's DeAndre Hopkins (ribs) 'will be a game-day decision' in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- DeAndre Hopkins (ribs) expected to play for Cardinals September 23rd, 2021
- Arizona's DeAndre Hopkins (ribs) sidelined on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Yadier Molina catching for Cardinals Monday September 20th, 2021
- Rondale Moore scores, leads Cardinals with 114 yards September 20th, 2021