Marlon Mack (Achilles) '100 percent' at Colts camp
Indianapolis Colts running back Marlon Mack (Achilles) is "100 percent" to start training camp, per Zak Keefer of The Athletic.
Mack tore his Achilles in Week 1 last season and had been limited to individual work during team drills at previous offseason workouts. He may cut into Jonathan Taylor's workload a tad, but Mack is unlikely to see consistent touches unless Taylor suffers an injury. Nyheim Hines is expected to work as the Colts' passing-game specialist out of the backfield.
numberFire's models project Mack for 3.6 combined opportunities per game this season. He is averaging 0.06 Rushing Net Expected Points per carry for his career, while Taylor added 0.15 Rushing NEP per carry as a rookie. Mack could have a chance to take targets away from Hines, as he is only averaging 0.04 fewer career Reception NEP per target than his backfield mate.
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- Pats' James White out indefinitely with hip subluxation injury September 27th, 2021
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman (core) returning to practice ahead of Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (neck) 'not quite there yet' for Colts September 27th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (ankles) will start Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Reich: Carson Wentz (ankle) game-time decision for Colts' Week 3 contest against Titans September 24th, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankle) participates in Colts' Friday practice September 24th, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021