Drew Lock to take first reps for Broncos
Denver Broncos quarterback Drew Lock will receive the first reps in the Broncos' quarterback competition, head coach Vic Fangio announced.
Fangio reiterated that the Broncos will have a 50-50 competition under center between Lock and Teddy Bridgewater, but the incumbent will take the first reps in training camp. Lock completed just 57.3 percent of his passes with 16 touchdowns and 15 interceptions last season in 13 games. Bridgewater was far more accurate, with a 69.1 completion percentage, to go with 15 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.
Lock averaged -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per dropback last season, which ranked 29th among 32 quarterbacks with at least 300 drop backs and was well below league average (0.13). Bridgewater finished 19th in terms of Passing NEP per drop back with 0.12, putting him right around the league average.
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Odell Beckham (knee) ruled out again for Browns in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- K.J. Hamler joining Broncos' three-wide sets September 14th, 2021
- Broncos place Jerry Jeudy (ankle) on injured reserve September 14th, 2021
- Broncos veterans impressed by "great day" from Teddy Bridgewater September 13th, 2021
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy (ankle) sidelined 4 to 6 weeks September 13th, 2021
- Fangio on Denver's Javonte Williams: 'We're not at all against playing him in any situation' September 6th, 2021