Kyle Pitts playing in slot, out wide for Falcons
Atlanta Falcons tight end Kyle Pitts caught 4 passes on 8 targets for 31 yards in Sunday's loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
The results are disappointing and Pitts also had an 11-yard gain erased on offensive pass interference, but his usage was extremely encouraging. The No. 4 overall pick played 68% of the Falcons' offensive snaps while lining up in the slot 23 times and out wide 14 times. He ran a route on 90% of Matt Ryan's drop backs and tied Calvin Ridley with a team-high 22.9% target share. Pitts also ranks in the top-10 among tight ends for the week with 31 pass routes. The offense will likely have a tougher challenge in Week 2 versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but it's worth noting that the Dallas Cowboys' tight ends caught 9 passes on 10 targets versus the Bucs in last Thursday's opener.
Pitts finished with 5.1 FanDuel points in his NFL debut, finishing well below numberFire's Week 1 projection (10.7). He recorded the seventh-most air yards (38) among all tight ends through Sunday's contest and ranked 13th in Reception Net Expected Points per target, out of the 19 tight ends with at least five targets.
- Tennessee's Julio Jones (hamstring) sidelined on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Ricky Seals-Jones sits out Football Team practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) DNP on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) remains idle for Football Team October 20th, 2021
- Terry McLaurin (hamstring) sitting out Washington's first practice October 20th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shin) sitting out Washington practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Russell Gage (ankle) back with Falcons October 18th, 2021
- Calvin Ridley (personal) returns to Falcons October 18th, 2021
- Update: Cordarrelle Patterson returns to Falcons' Week 5 game October 10th, 2021
- Falcons' Cordarrelle Patterson being evaluated for a concussion October 10th, 2021
- Falcons' Russell Gage (ankle) ruled out for Week 5 October 7th, 2021
- Calvin Ridley ruled out Week 5 for Falcons due to personal matter October 7th, 2021