49ers' Raheem Mostert undergoing season-ending knee surgery
San Francisco 49ers running back Raheem Mostert announced that he will undergo season-ending knee surgery.
Mostert said he consulted with doctors and decided that surgery gives him "the best possibility at coming back 110%." Elijah Mitchell dominated backfield work in Week 1 and finished with 104 yards and a touchdown on 19 carries. Trey Sermon, who was a healthy scratch in Week 1, and JaMycal Hasty could be involved if Mitchell doesn't run away with the starting job. Jeff Wilson (knee, IR) is still expected to miss the next 6-8 weeks. The 49ers added Kerryon Johnson to the practice squad for some additional depth.
numberFire's models expect Mitchell and Sermon to split carries 10.3-9.6 in Week 2 versus the Philadelphia Eagles. Through one game, the Eagles defense ranks 20th in Rushing Net Expected Points allowed per carry.
- Nyheim Hines exits, ruled out for Colts with concussion October 6th, 2022
- Seahawks' Ken Walker (shoulder) limited on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (shoulder) full participant on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Raiders' Darren Waller (shoulder) limited on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Josh Palmer (ankle) limited for Chargers on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Chargers' Gerald Everett (hamstring) limited on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Dolphins' Tyreek Hill (quad) limited on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Jaylen Waddle (groin) joins Dolphins practice Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Dolphins' Jaylen Waddle (groin) DNP on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Teddy Bridgewater to start at quarterback for Dolphins in Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa (concussion) out for Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Update: Tua Tagovailoa (head, neck) will not return in Week 4 for Miami September 29th, 2022