49ers' Raheem Mostert undergoing season-ending knee surgery
San Francisco 49ers running back Raheem Mostert announced that he will undergo season-ending knee surgery.
Mostert said he consulted with doctors and decided that surgery gives him "the best possibility at coming back 110%." Elijah Mitchell dominated backfield work in Week 1 and finished with 104 yards and a touchdown on 19 carries. Trey Sermon, who was a healthy scratch in Week 1, and JaMycal Hasty could be involved if Mitchell doesn't run away with the starting job. Jeff Wilson (knee, IR) is still expected to miss the next 6-8 weeks. The 49ers added Kerryon Johnson to the practice squad for some additional depth.
numberFire's models expect Mitchell and Sermon to split carries 10.3-9.6 in Week 2 versus the Philadelphia Eagles. Through one game, the Eagles defense ranks 20th in Rushing Net Expected Points allowed per carry.
- Glazer: Browns' Baker Mayfield also dealing with fractured shoulder October 21st, 2021
- Seattle's Alex Collins (groin) DNP on Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Denver's Teddy Bridgewater (foot) available for Thursday's Week 7 matchup against Cleveland October 21st, 2021
- Noah Fant (foot) officially cleared for Broncos Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Odell Beckham (shoulder) reportedly active for Browns Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) practicing Thursday for Saints October 21st, 2021
- Trey Lance (knee) still not practicing for 49ers October 21st, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) 'trending toward' Week 7 return for 49ers October 21st, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Lance (knee) DNP on Wednesday, not expected to play in Week 7 October 20th, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) limited for 49ers on Wednesday, expected to be available for Week 7 October 20th, 2021
- Trey Lance not spotted at 49ers' practice Monday October 18th, 2021
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) back at practice ahead of Week 7 October 18th, 2021