Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2
New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley (knee) is "unlikely to be totally unleashed" against the Washington Football Team in Week 2, according to The Athletic's Dan Duggan.
Barkley will enter Thursday's clash with Washington on short rest coming off his first game back from last year's season-ending ACL injury. In Week 1 he managed 10 rushing attempts for 26 yards and 1 reception for 1 yard while playing 48% of the Giants' offensive snaps. According to Duggan, based on how cautiously New York has handled Barkley's return thus far, it's "unlikely that they'll totally unleash him in Week 2". Our models expect Barkley to handle 20.1 touches against Washington on Thursday.
Barkley's Week 2 projection includes 75.1 rushing yards, 25.1 receiving yards, 0.69 touchdowns, and 15.6 FanDuel points. He is the RB12 in our Week 2 rankings.
- Calvin Ridley (personal) returns to Falcons October 18th, 2021
- Browns "not ruling out" Nick Chubb (calf) for Thursday October 18th, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shin) undergoing MRI October 18th, 2021
- Alex Collins (hip, glute) uncertain for Seahawks in Week 7 October 18th, 2021
- Rapoport: Kareem Hunt (calf) likely out for Browns 4-6 weeks October 18th, 2021
- Michael Thomas (ankle) eligible to return for Saints this week October 18th, 2021
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (ankle) ruled out in Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Giants' Darius Slayton (hamstring) ruled out for Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) will play in Giants' Week 6 game October 17th, 2021
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) expected to play for Giants Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Giants' Kenny Golladay (knee) sitting for Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (ankle) out for Week 6 October 17th, 2021