Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts
Los Angeles Rams running back Sony Michel is not guaranteed to have a larger role in Week 2's game against the Indianapolis Colts.
Michel saw just three snaps in his Rams debut in Week 1, with third-year back Darrell Henderson dominating snaps and touches for Los Angeles. Asked if Michel would have a larger role in Week 2, Sean McVary was noncommittal, stating "You have confidence that you can utilize him, if need be, but Darrell, I thought, did a great job. Darrell’s going to start the game. We want to really get him into the flow of it." He added additional praise for Henderson, saying "You do want to be able to say, ‘Hey, if we’re able to sustain drives, be able to get some things off, could you expect to see Sony?’ That’s a possibility, but Darrell’s a guy that’s done a really nice job and I was really pleased with how he got stronger as the game went on.” If McVay's words are to be believed, the Rams seem committed to continuing to feature Henderson in Week 2. Our models expect Henderson to handle 18.2 touches against the Colts.
Henderson's Week 2 projection includes 68.4 rushing yards, 13.5 receiving yards, 0.65 touchdowns, and 12.9 FanDuel points. His salary is $6,400 and he is the RB19 in our Week 2 rankings.
- Tennessee's Julio Jones (hamstring) sidelined on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Ricky Seals-Jones sits out Football Team practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) DNP on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) remains idle for Football Team October 20th, 2021
- Terry McLaurin (hamstring) sitting out Washington's first practice October 20th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shin) sitting out Washington practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Rams' Sony Michel (shoulder) expected to play in Week 7 October 18th, 2021
- Rams' Cooper Kupp continues dominance, scores twice in blowout of Giants October 17th, 2021
- Tyler Higbee (ankle) not listed on Rams' final Week 5 injury report October 6th, 2021
- Rams want Robert Woods more involved October 6th, 2021
- Darrell Henderson (ribs) limited in Rams' Monday "practice" October 4th, 2021
- Rams' Tyler Higbee (ankle) added to injury report Monday October 4th, 2021