Glazer: Browns' Baker Mayfield also dealing with fractured shoulder
Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield suffered a fracture in his left shoulder, he told Jay Glazer Thursday.
Mayfield is sitting out the team's Thursday Night Football game against the Denver Broncos, and while the initial injury that was reported was a torn labrum in his non-throwing shoulder, the quarterback's injury goes beyond that. “I need that fracture to heal for me to get back out there,” he said. It seems as though Mayfield could be out for a bit. Case Keenum should start in the meantime, including tonight against Denver.
In 6 games this season, Mayfield has completed 116-of-173 passes with 1,474 yards and 6 touchdowns to 3 interceptions. He's also rushed 20 times for 75 yards and a score.
- Boston Scott (illness) expected to play for Eagles in Week 13 December 4th, 2021
- Eagles' Jalen Hurts (ankle) reportedly out for Week 13, Gardner Minshew to start against Jets December 4th, 2021
- 49ers place Trey Sermon (ankle) on injured reserve December 4th, 2021
- Miami's DeVante Parker (hamstring) activated off injured reserve, eligible to play in Week 13 December 4th, 2021
- Melvin Gordon (hip) out for Denver in Week 13 December 4th, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) expected to play in Week 13's matchup against Raiders December 4th, 2021
- Browns not considering benching Baker Mayfield after Week 12 performance November 29th, 2021
- Browns' Donovan Peoples-Jones (groin) expected to play in Week 12 November 28th, 2021
- Browns Kareem Hunt (calf) will handle third down role in Week 12 return November 28th, 2021
- Cleveland's Kareem Hunt (calf) activated off injured reserve, eligible to play in Week 12 November 27th, 2021
- Stefanski: Cleveland's Kareem Hunt (calf) expected to play in Week 12's contest against Baltimore November 26th, 2021
- Baker Mayfield (shoulder, foot, groin) DNP on Wednesday November 24th, 2021