Carson Wentz (COVID) will start for Colts if cleared Sunday
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Carson Wentz will start in Week 17 against the Las Vegas Raiders if he clears protocols on Sunday morning, per head coach Frank Reich.
Wentz's fifth day of protocol is on Sunday and Reich said he will start if available, despite missing an entire week of practice. Reich confirmed that Sam Ehlinger will start if Wentz is unavailable, which would be a significant downgrade for the entire offense.
The Colts have an inviting 25.5-point implied point total in Week 17, per numberFire's NFL Heat Map, and they are facing a Raiders defense that is susceptible to the passing game. According to our adjusted rankings, Las Vegas is 25th against the pass and fourth-best versus the run.
- Kyler Murray expected to be at Cardinals mandatory minicamp May 24th, 2022
- Jaguars' Travis Etienne (foot) a "full-go" for offseason program May 23rd, 2022
- Elijah Mitchell viewed as 49ers' top back May 23rd, 2022
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry signs with New Orleans May 13th, 2022
- Falcons acquire Bryan Edwards in trade with Las Vegas May 13th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin (contract) absent for Commander OTAs May 24th, 2022
- Commanders select Jahan Dotson with No. 16 pick April 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin to sit out on-field activities amidst contract negotiation with Commanders April 18th, 2022
- Commanders acquire Carson Wentz in trade with Colts March 9th, 2022
- Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with Football Team for $10 million March 16th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021