Buccaneers add Russell Gage to receiving group
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are signing wide receiver Russell Gage, formerly of the Atlanta Falcons, to a three-year, $30 million contract.
Gage will likely compete with Tyler Johnson for the No. 3 receiver job in Tampa Bay. However, depending on Chris Godwin's recovery from a December ACL tear, Gage could have an opportunity to start next season as the Buccaneers' No. 2 wideout. The 26-year-old had over 65 catches and 750-plus yards in each of the last two seasons, with 4 touchdowns in both campaign.
Gage averaged 10.0 FanDuel points per game and 8.2 yards per target last season. Among the 48 wide receivers with at least 80 targets, Gage ranked 29th in Reception Net Expected Points per target.
- Baker Mayfield traded to Panthers July 6th, 2022
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Cade Otton 'best option' for Buccaneers No. 1 tight end June 27th, 2022
- Buccaneers' Russell Gage expected to step in as No. 2 WR June 24th, 2022
- Auman: 'Wouldn't be surprised' if Tampa Bay's Chris Godwin (knee) opens season on PUP list June 24th, 2022
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski announces second retirement June 22nd, 2022
- Free agent Antonio Brown unlikely to return for 2022 season May 29th, 2022
- Chris Godwin signs three-year deal with Buccaneers March 17th, 2022