Minnesota's Kirk Cousins (COVID-19) out for Sunday's preseason opener
Minnesota Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins is ruled out for Sunday's preseason game against the Las Vegas Raiders after he tested positive for COVID-19.
According to head coach Kevin O'Connell, Sean Mannion and Kellen Mond will both see 50/50 reps at the quarterback position while Cousins is out. In a potential pass inclined offense under their new coaching staff, Cousins could finally see an increase in drop-backs compared to his days under Mike Zimmer. Per Fantasy Football Calculator in 12-team point per reception leagues, the 33-year old's average draft position currently stands in the tenth round.
Cousins' 2022 yearly projection includes 398.5 completions for 31.3 touchdowns and 4,364.7 yards and 22.0 rushing attempts for 88.5 yards. According to numberFire's yearly rankings, Cousins currently stands as our QB15 with a 286.3 season-long fantasy point expectation.
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) sits out Chiefs practice Wednesday February 1st, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- Vikings plan to activate Irv Smith (ankle) off injured reserve January 6th, 2023
- Minnesota's Justin Jefferson (toe) available for Week 11's matchup versus Dallas November 18th, 2022
- Minnesota's Justin Jefferson (toe) limited again on Thursday November 17th, 2022
- Justin Jefferson (toe) limited in Minnesota's Wednesday practice November 16th, 2022
- Vikings' T.J. Hockenson to 'play a lot' in Week 9 November 6th, 2022
- Vikings' Irv Smith Jr. (ankle) expected to miss 8-10 weeks November 1st, 2022