Baker Mayfield officially named Panthers' Week 1 starter
Carolina Panthers quarterback Baker Mayfield will start Week 1 versus the Cleveland Browns, the team announced.
The Panthers officially announced on Monday that Mayfield beat out Sam Darnold for the starting job, confirming what had been widely expected since acquiring the quarterback from the Browns more than a month ago. Mayfield should serve as an upgrade for D.J. Moore, Robbie Anderson, and the rest of the Panthers' pass-catchers.
Baker is currently the QB27 in numberFire's preseason projections and our models project him for 3,917.6 passing yards, 23.29 touchdowns, and 15.6 interceptions this season, with 192.4 rushing yards and 1.52 touchdowns. Among the 44 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs last season, Baker ranked 33rd in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back (0.00) while Darnold ranked 38th (negative-0.10).
- Schefter: San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) reportedly does not need surgery, could return in 7-8 weeks December 6th, 2022
- Schefter: Baltimore's Lamar Jackson (knee) diagnosed with sprained PCL December 6th, 2022
- Saints rule out Marshon Lattimore (abdomen) for Week 13 game December 5th, 2022
- Bucs rule out Cameron Brate (illness) for Week 13 December 5th, 2022
- Bucs' Leonard Fournette (hip) active for Week 13 December 5th, 2022
- Broncos' Courtland Sutton (hamstring) day-to-day ahead of Week 14 December 5th, 2022
- Rams claim quarterback Baker Mayfield off waivers on Tuesday December 6th, 2022
- Rams' John Wolford (neck) a DNP on estimated Monday practice report December 5th, 2022
- Rams place Matthew Stafford (neck) on injured reserve December 3rd, 2022
- Rams to start John Wolford at quarterback in Week 13's contest versus Seattle December 2nd, 2022
- Matthew Stafford (neck) clears concussion protocol, remains out for Rams in Week 13 December 2nd, 2022
- Rams' Matthew Stafford (neck) not expected to play in Week 13 November 30th, 2022