Saints place Michael Thomas (toe surgery) on injured reserve
New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas will undergo toe surgery and be placed on injured reserve, per head coach Dennis Allen.
Allen said he doesn't know the timetable for Thomas to return, but he expects him to miss the rest of the season. After being limited to seven games in 2020 and missing all of last year, Thomas only managed to make it through Week 3 this season. He caught 16 passes for 171 yards and 3 touchdowns on 22 targets. Chris Olave and Alvin Kamara will continue to be the Saints' top targets over the second half of the season and Jarvis Landry (ankle) stands to benefit as well. The Saints are playing on Monday night against the Baltimore Ravens in Week 9.
MT had a 68.0% offensive snap rate in his three appearances this season and averaged 7.3 targets per game (19.6% share). Olave and Kamara are both averaging 8.5 targets in games without Thomas, which makes up more than half of the Saints' passing volume. The Ravens have the No. 12 pass defense in numberFire's adjusted team metrics.
- Baker Mayfield (ankle) could be limited in Buccaneers Week 13 prep November 29th, 2023
- Kenny Pickett (ankle) could be limited at Steelers practice November 28th, 2023
- Colts' Zack Moss set for increased role with Jonathan Taylor (thumb) sidelined November 28th, 2023
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) limited again Tuesday for Cowboys November 28th, 2023
- Seahawks' Kenneth Walker (oblique) DNP on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release running back Keaontay Ingram on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Rashid Shaheed (quad) unlikely to play in Week 13 November 27th, 2023
- Update: Rashid Shaheed (thigh) now doubtful to return in Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- Saints' Chris Olave (concussion) will not return to Week 12 game November 26th, 2023
- Saints' Rashid Shaheed (thigh) questionable to return in Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- Saints remove Derek Carr (concussion) from Week 12 injury report November 23rd, 2023
- Saints' Derek Carr (concussion) logs full practice on Wednesday November 22nd, 2023