Bears' Darnell Mooney (ankle) will not return this season
Chicago Bears receiver Darnell Mooney suffered an ankle injury in the team's Week 12 loss to the New York Jets, and will undergo season-ending surgery.
Mooney appeared to be in significant pain after suffering an ankle injury in Week 12, and was barely able to put any weight on his leg as he was helped to the locker room. He will now unfortunately miss the remainder of the season as he undergoes season-ending surgery, but will hopefully be able to make a full recovery for the 2023 season.
Mooney dealt with all the highs and lows of the Bears' offense this season, operating as the lead receiver as the new coaching staff figured out how to run their offense. He'll finish the season with 40 catches for 493 yards and 2 touchdowns, and will hopefully return to an even better offense next season. The Bears' receiver depth chart was already paper-thin before Mooney's injury, so there will be a chance for Chase Claypool or Byron Pringle to emerge as the team's top wideout.
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (abdominal) 'in good place' after week off January 26th, 2023
- Christian McCaffrey (ankle) not practicing for 49ers, will play January 26th, 2023
- Patrick Mahomes (ankle) logs full practice for Chiefs January 25th, 2023
- Patrick Mahomes (ankle) expected to do 'everything' at Chiefs practice Wednesday January 25th, 2023
- Cowboys' Tony Pollard (fibula/ankle) to recover 'well before' training camp January 24th, 2023
- San Francisco's Christian McCaffrey dealing with calf issue January 23rd, 2023
- Bears starting Nathan Peterman to finish season January 4th, 2023
- Justin Fields (hip) ruled out for Bears Week 18 versus Vikings January 4th, 2023
- Chase Claypool (knee) cleared for Bears in Week 17 January 1st, 2023
- Bears expect wideout Chase Claypool (knee) to play in Week 17 January 1st, 2023
- Chicago's Chase Claypool (knee) questionable in Week 17 December 30th, 2022
- Chase Claypool (knee) ruled out Week 16 for Chicago December 24th, 2022