Raiders benching Derek Carr, Jarrett Stidham to start Week 17
Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Derek Carr has been benched for Week 17's game against the San Francisco 49ers.
Carr, who leads the league in interceptions with 14, will move to the backup role starting in Week 17. Jarrett Stidham, who has thrown 13 passes this season, will make the first start of his career. Stidham was traded to Las Vegas from New England in May of 2022, in a deal that included the Patriots sending a 2023 7th-round pick for the Raiders' 2023 6th-round pick. Stidham was drafted by New England in the 4th round of the 2019 draft. In limited action this year, he completed 8 of 13 attempts for 72 yards against New Orleans in Week 8.
Stidham's Week 17 projection includes 220.7 passing yards, 0.99 touchdowns, 0.98 interceptions, and 12.7 FanDuel points. His salary is $6,100.
- Adam Thielen to sign three-year deal with Carolina March 19th, 2023
- Houston sends receiver Brandin Cooks to Dallas via trade March 19th, 2023
- Bears reportedly add running back D'Onta Foreman March 17th, 2023
- Mike Gesicki reportedly signs 1-year deal with Patriots on Friday March 17th, 2023
- Darius Slayton sticking with Giants March 16th, 2023
- Parris Campbell becoming member of Giants March 16th, 2023
- Giants reportedly acquire tight end Darren Waller in trade with Raiders March 14th, 2023
- Jakobi Meyers joining Raiders March 14th, 2023
- Raiders signing Jimmy Garoppolo to three-year contract March 13th, 2023
- Las Vegas applies franchise tag to Josh Jacobs March 6th, 2023
- Derek Carr officially released by Raiders February 15th, 2023
- Schefter: Josh Jacobs (hip/oblique) active for Raiders' Week 18 matchup versus Kansas City January 7th, 2023