Giants use franchise tag on Saquon Barkley
The New York Giants used their franchise tag on running back Saquon Barkley on Tuesday.
Shortly after agreeing to a four-year extension with quarterback Daniel Jones, the Giants used their franchise tag on Barkley. He will earn $10.1 million for the 2023-24 season.
In 16 games started last season, Barkley produced 1,312 rushing yards and 10 rushing touchdowns on 295 attempts while catching 57 of 76 targets for 338 receiving yards.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Jamison Crowder joining Giants March 24th, 2023
- Darius Slayton sticking with Giants March 16th, 2023
- Giants reportedly acquire tight end Darren Waller in trade with Raiders March 14th, 2023
- Giants 'will continue to negotiate' with running back Saquon Barkley March 12th, 2023
- Giants use franchise tag on Saquon Barkley March 7th, 2023
- Giants sign Daniel Jones to 4-year, $160 million extension March 7th, 2023