Dolphins pick up Tua Tagovailoa's fifth-year option
Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa had his fifth-year option picked up by the team on Friday.
Tagovailoa will be guaranteed $23.2 million in 2024 and is now tied to Miami for at least two more season. The decision to pick up Tagovailoa's fifth-year option shows a commitment from Miami to their former fifth overall pick in 2020. The two sides may work a long-term deal to extend Tagovailoa beyond 2024, but for now his short-term future is secure.
In 13 games played last season, Tagovailoa completed 259 of 400 pass attempts for 3,548 yards, 25 touchdowns, and 8 interceptions.
- Payton: Broncos "have a vision" for Greg Dulcich's role June 5th, 2023
- Laquon Treadwell signs 1-year deal with Ravens June 5th, 2023
- Vikings' Jalen Nailor 'continued to show up' in OTAs June 5th, 2023
- Giants' Parris Campbell showing 'early chemistry' with Daniel Jones June 5th, 2023
- Eagles' Rashaad Penny competing for roster spot June 5th, 2023
- Commanders' Jahan Dotson excited for 'explosive' offense in 2023 June 5th, 2023
- Dolphins re-sign running back Jeff Wilson to 2-year contract March 14th, 2023
- Raheem Mostert re-signs with Dolphins on 2-year deal March 14th, 2023
- Dolphins sign Mike White to two-year contract March 13th, 2023
- Dolphins pick up Tua Tagovailoa's fifth-year option March 10th, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Dolphins' Jaylen Waddle (shoulder) returns to Wild Card clash with Bills January 15th, 2023