Jacoby Brissett signing with Commanders for 2023
The Washington Commanders are signing quarterback Jacoby Brissett to a one-year contract.
The deal will reportedly be worth up to $10 million and includes $8 million guaranteed. Brissett is expected to compete with 2022 fifth-round pick Sam Howell for the Commanders' starting job in 2023. The 30-year-old made 11 starts in 16 appearances for the Cleveland Browns last season and threw for 2,608 yards on a career-best 64.0 completion percentage, with 12 touchdowns and 6 interceptions.
Brissett performed better than expected last season, finishing 6th in completion percentage over expected and 11th in pass EPA per play among quarterbacks with at least 100 dropbacks. He averaged 15.83 FanDuel points per game as a starter.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Jacoby Brissett signing with Commanders for 2023 March 15th, 2023
- Sam Howell in lead for Commanders starting job February 28th, 2023
- Commanders release quarterback Carson Wentz February 27th, 2023
- Washington's Brian Robinson (knee) ruled out in Week 18 January 6th, 2023
- Brian Robinson (knee) remains out at Washington practice January 5th, 2023
- Commanders place Antonio Gibson (knee, foot) on injured reserve January 5th, 2023