James Robinson joining Patriots backfield
The New England Patriots are signing running back James Robinson to a two-year, $8 million contract.
Robinson was traded from the Jacksonville Jaguars to the New York Jets last season and then finished the year as a healthy scratch. Turning 25 in August, Robinson will look to get his career back on track as a contributing piece behind Rhamondre Stevenson. Damien Harris is an unrestricted free agent.
Robinson rushed 110 times for 425 yards and 3 touchdowns in 11 games last season, and caught 11 passes (14 targets) for 51 yards and 2 touchdowns. Among the 42 backs with at least 100 carries, Robinson averaged the fifth-fewest Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt.
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Trey Lance working with 49ers' first unit in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- 49ers' Brock Purdy (elbow) on track to begin throwing in June May 25th, 2023
- Jonathan Taylor (ankle) sidelined for Colts OTAs, planning for training camp return May 25th, 2023
- Bills ink running back Damien Harris to one-year deal March 20th, 2023
- Mike Gesicki reportedly signs 1-year deal with Patriots on Friday March 17th, 2023
- James Robinson joining Patriots backfield March 16th, 2023
- Patriots sign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 3-year deal March 15th, 2023
- Jakobi Meyers joining Raiders March 14th, 2023
- Patriots send tight end Jonnu Smith to Falcons via trade March 13th, 2023