Parris Campbell becoming member of Giants
The New York Giants are signing wide receiver Parris Campbell, formerly of the Indianapolis Colts, to a one-year contract that can be worth up to $7 million in incentives.
Campbell was limited to just 15 games over his first three seasons due to a litany of injuries, but he managed to play in every game last year and had 63 catches for 623 yards and 3 touchdowns on 91 targets. The Giants' receiving group is currently one of the worst in the NFL, so Campbell should have a clear path to consistent snaps and targets. Wan'Dale Robinson and Sterling Shepard are both recovering from ACL tears, leaving Isaiah Hodgins as the only other healthy receiver under contract for the Giants.
Campbell's average depth of target was 6.5 yards last season and he drew 15.9% of the Colts' team targets. Among the 84 receivers with at least 50 targets last season, Campbell was No. 70 in Reception Net Expected Points per target.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Jamison Crowder joining Giants March 24th, 2023
- Darius Slayton sticking with Giants March 16th, 2023
- Giants reportedly acquire tight end Darren Waller in trade with Raiders March 14th, 2023
- Giants 'will continue to negotiate' with running back Saquon Barkley March 12th, 2023
- Giants use franchise tag on Saquon Barkley March 7th, 2023
- Giants sign Daniel Jones to 4-year, $160 million extension March 7th, 2023