Stephen Tulloch could be key to Lions' defense
Inside linebacker Stephen Tulloch, who suffered an ACL tear in Week 3 of the 2014 season, could be a key piece to one of the best defenses in the NFL, per Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com
Tulloch's presence would allow Tahir Whitehead to move to his natural position as a strongside linebacker and also give Kyle Van Noy, whom the Lions moved up to select in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft, more time to develop.
Tulloch posted 20 tackles and 2 sacks before his injury last season, and our algorithms project him to tally 83 tackles and 2 sacks this year. Last season, the Lions owned the fourth-best defense in the NFL, according to our schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play metric, which compares a team to expectation level. Losing Ndamukong Suh won't help, but the Lions have the pieces to be one of the best defenses again in 2015.
- Rapoport: Michael Thomas (ankle) expected to miss start of Saints season July 23rd, 2021
- Rapoport: Davante Adams, Packers break off extension talks July 23rd, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ankle) starts camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Kyle Rudolph (foot) opens training camp on Giants' PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) opens training camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Schefter: Aaron Rodgers turned down extension offer from Packers July 20th, 2021
- Report: Zach Ertz now has 'great chance' to stay with Eagles July 21st, 2021
- Kempski: Philadelphia's Jalen Reagor 'highly likely to start once again in 2021' July 12th, 2021
- Dallas Goedert to be 'featured' in Eagles' new offense July 6th, 2021
- Travis Fulgham expected to open Eagles' camp in three-wide sets June 21st, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- Eagles fire head coach Doug Pederson January 11th, 2021